The North Carolina Justice Center is one of the state’s preeminent voices for economic and social justice.
As a leading progressive research and advocacy organization, our mission is to eliminate poverty in North Carolina by ensuring that every household in the state has access to the resources, services and fair treatment it needs to achieve economic security.
To make opportunity and prosperity for all a reality, we work toward:
- Jobs that are safe, pay a living wage, and provide benefits
- Access to quality and affordable health care
- Quality public education for every child
- Consumer protections from abusive practices
- Safe and affordable housing
- Public investments that expand opportunities for economic security
- A fair and stable revenue system that adequately funds public investments while fairly distributing tax responsibility
- Fair treatment for everyone in North Carolina – regardless of race, ethnicity, country of origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation
The Justice Center’s effectiveness in advocating for policies that improve the lives of people in communities throughout North Carolina stems from our unique five-strategy approach, which enables us to attack problems with the most effective tools.
The Justice Center relies on your support. Read our latest annual report, and learn more about the impact of our work and how we use your donations on our Support the Justice Center page.
The NC Justice Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, working on issues of concern to low- and middle-income North Carolinians.