We are seeking a highly-organized Executive Assistant to provide confidential professional administrative support to ensure the Justice Center office operates in an organized, efficient and professional manner. The Executive Assistant provides the necessary leadership skills to work effectively with management, staff, and donors to accomplish the goals of the organization. Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
Our mission is to eliminate poverty in North Carolina by ensuring that every household in the state has access to the resources, services and fair treatment it needs to achieve economic security.
To make opportunity and prosperity for all a reality, we work toward:
- Jobs that are safe, pay a living wage, and provide benefits
- Access to quality and affordable health care
- Quality public education for every child
- Consumer protections from abusive practices
- Safe and affordable housing
- Public investments that expand opportunities for economic security
- A fair and stable revenue system that adequately funds public investments while fairly distributing tax responsibility
- Fair treatment for everyone in North Carolina – regardless of race, ethnicity, or country of origin
The Justice Center’s effectiveness in advocating for policies that improve the lives of people in communities throughout North Carolina stems from our unique five-strategy approach, which enables us to attack problems with the most effective tools.
- Assist the Executive Director and other management staff with the day-to-day operations of the Justice Center.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director and senior management staff including: manage an extremely active calendar of appointments; complete expense reports; review and edit correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compile documents for travel-related meetings.
- Assist Executive Director and senior management staff in preparing and drafting presentations, reports and speeches.
- Provide confidential administrative support for the Deputy Director for Human Resources and the Deputy Director for Finance and Facilities, including assistance with disposition of grievances and other labor relations issues.
- Establish, develop, maintain and update filing system for the Executive Director and other senior management staff. Retrieve information from files when needed.
- Manage company credit card used for executive or management purchases.
- Maintain log of incoming bank deposits.
- Maintain publications library.
- Assist senior management staff with coordination of regulatory filings, including NC state lobbyist registration, record keeping, and reports.
- Serve as the Executive Director's administrative liaison to the Justice Center's Board of Directors.
- Assist board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
- Prepare board meeting materials, take and transcribe minutes of the meeting that accurately reflect any actions the board takes.
- Participate as an adjunct member of the Senior Management Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings.
- Assist in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings, coordinating council meetings, and all-staff meetings. Take and transcribe minutes of the meetings.
- Provide back-up clerical support when Administrative Assistant is absent.
- Assist with special projects, staff training and other general office tasks as needed or assigned by Executive Director, Deputy Director for Human Resources, or Deputy Director for Finance and Facilities.
The ideal candidate should have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum four years of administrative office experience, preferably working in a non-profit or governmental organization.
- Must have working understanding of NC political system, the General Assembly, and legislative process.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy. Be able to multi-task, learn quickly, organize work and set priorities.
- Demonstrated planning ability, organizational skills and an orientation to detail.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, and Outlook, Adobe, etc.
- Ability to work independently and support the work of others in the organization required.
- Strong internal customer service orientation required.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and improving the lives of low income North Carolinians.
- Ability to travel and work some evenings and weekends required.
Send cover letter, resume, and professional references as a single PDF file that has your name in its title, and “Executive Assistant” in the subject line to email@example.com. Visit our website, www.ncjustice.org. No phone calls please.
The Justice Center offers committed, inspired co-workers, a competitive salary and superior benefits to enhance staff quality of life including, but not limited to: six weeks paid time off, paid maternity/paternity leave, twelve holidays, free parking in downtown Raleigh, retirement plan contribution and match, FSA, 100% paid high quality medical, disability, and life insurance coverage.
The Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for available positions. The Justice Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or disability.