Tax Cuts: Wrong Choice for North Carolina's Economy
The tax cuts for big, profitable corporations and the wealthy is the wrong choice for North Carolina. These irresponsible tax changes will not boost our economy or create more jobs, but they will result in middle- and low-income families paying more taxes and damaging cuts to important public services that both businesses and average North Carolinians rely on, including our public schools and universities which build a skilled workforce and encourage innovation.
This page brings together our research on the tax proposals that lawmakers are debating, but we can’t fight this alone. Take action today!
These tax proposals will hurt our state by:
Failing to create jobs and hurting our ability to make key economic investments
- BTC BRIEF: Empty Promises - Income Tax Cuts A Poor Strategy for Boosting the Economy
- BTC BRIEF: Cutting Corporate Income Taxes Won't Be an Economic Boon for North Carolina
- BTC Reports: The case for North Carolina’s personal income tax
- BTC Brief: Taxes as Job Creators – Research shows investing in public structures creates jobs
Raising taxes for middle- and low-income North Carolinians
- Policy & Progress article: The Great Tax Shift
- BTC BRIEF: First Comprehensive Tax Legislation Would Not Protect Low- and Middle-Income Taxpayers from Tax Increases
- BTC REPORTS: A "Laffable" Plan for Tax Reform - The Civitas/Laffer/Senate Plan for North Carolina Shifts Load to the Poor, Middle-class
- BTC BRIEF: North Carolina's Business Tax Deduction - Who Benefits?
For a complete directory of resources on 2013 tax proposals, click here.